ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone help with my nuts?!

Having toruble finding a spanner/tool that can get to my suspension top nuts whilst leaving room for an alen key in the dampner rod.

Anyone changed their own suspension or know of a solution. Need to get under there to change my top mount and bearing for MOT (due bout 1 month ago!).

Thanks for any help!

Civic Vtec y0
A spanner with the complete circle on the end that bends, you know the one i mean lol

Cant remember the name of it

think I know what you mean,

we do em @ halfrauds in the ratchet range, might "borrow" one from the shelf to see if it works before buying it. lol

Any other suggestions?

R35 GTR
pp-gmcca.jpg

mole grips, cost me a fiver for some small ones.

or get a recess spanner from halfords, just make sure you get the right size.

Hmmmm.... mole grips?!

Have been looking for a swan neck or deep offset spanner.

The Fuds dosent do them, neither does Allwoods or Toolsure or part co.....

Am pullin my hair out, mechanic recons they want goin on 100 squid to do it, not even an hours work!

Howcan they sleep at night?!

Theyre worse than chavs and dentists and police and old people...... well maybee not old people. lol

R35 GTR
ValVer4life! said:
Hmmmm.... mole grips?!

Have been looking for a swan neck or deep offset spanner.

The Fuds dosent do them, neither does Allwoods or Toolsure or part co.....

Am pullin my hair out, mechanic recons they want goin on 100 squid to do it, not even an hours work!

Howcan they sleep at night?!

Theyre worse than chavs and dentists and police and old people...... well maybee not old people. lol

I fitted my coilovers with them as i couldnt drive to halfords and I had the wrong size swan neck, so had to go to local shop.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yep 21mm swan neck or if you get a 21mm socket, put the alan key down the middle to hold the piston and then either use mole grips on the socket or an adjustable spanner if possible.

S2000
get an impact wrench!!!! I got a cheapy one for £10 and it did the trick perfectly. I went for that instead of the 21mm swan neck spanner because I just couldn't get a 21mm swan neck spanner anywhere. Saves a lot of hassle as well as it only takes seconds with an impact wrench.

donsrno1 said:
get an impact wrench!!!! I got a cheapy one for £10 and it did the trick perfectly. I went for that instead of the 21mm swan neck spanner because I just couldn't get a 21mm swan neck spanner anywhere. Saves a lot of hassle as well as it only takes seconds with an impact wrench.

Finding the same trouble finding spanner. Everyone does 20mm and 22mm but not 21 :mad:.

Where you find an impact wrench for a tenner?!

Might go out in a mo with the old mole grips. :D

Cheers for all the help guys.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
FredYozzasport said:
Halfords 12V impact gun £15.99 IIRC
i agree i snapped 3 alen keys +rounded the 21mm nuts all because i didnt do it the easy way ! so what i did was play thick at my local garage and said im not sure how you get these top mounts off could you please help 1and without any fuss they got the windy gun on it and within secs they were off ,so much easier you just have to have the cheek:D

Cool cheers guys.

Will have a look next time I am at work see if i can pick up a gun on the cheap.

Think de la trade card might be making yet another apearance. lol.

S2000
my local halfords didn't have any when I was looking for one and I got mine from Makro. I've only used it the once but at least I now have it incase I need it again.

cool well if weve not got one ile jus get on the store ordering system and tell them we are getting one.

Do enough for them for penuts!

nuff sed lol.