ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can this cause limp mode?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Car keeps going into limp mode so i am ruling out the basic stuff before I take it to Birchdown.

• Had it plugged in to RS tuner - no unusual fault codes
  • Had the Throttle pedal sensor replaced
  • Cleaned all the main sensors (TDC Sensor, Temp sensor etc)
  • Checked my oil
My quesiton is RE the last point. Can low oil cause limp mode? When i parked up on my drive enterance, its slanted so if i leave the car there, i get the oil warning light...

So I did the normal thing and topped up the oil as it was obv low if I was getting the warning on slants...

Soooo, Could lowish oil possibly cause limp mode? Its SRSLY pissing me off. It only ever seems to do it when the car is cold too. Once shes warmed up its fine :S :S :S

Luke :)

Titanium 182
How are you defining limp mode ?
Low limiter ? The limiter should be low when its cold and will be fine once warmed up.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Can I also add, it did it the other day randomly once it was warm... I went to over take a tractor on a country lane and BOOOF limp mode. FFS.

Taking all your power off you when your halfway through 2nd nearly past a tractor isn't the nicest experiance.