ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can u put a 1.6 16v into a 1.2 16v

Should fit right in due to it being the same chassis and mounts i believe, though gearbox might be different im not sure.

Might have to upgrade brakes and suspension aswell to coincide witht he extra speed

1.4 8v...my god im convinced my RT is made up of random bits some muppet in reno found lying about. Its got a steering rack out of a 1.9D clio II and ball joints out of a 16v and a panel filter out of a 16v...jees I hope nowt else goes wrong or Im screwed!

Hi,

Yes, you can. A friend of mine here in Portugal has fitted a 1.6 16v from a megane into his 1.2 16v clio mk2. If you want, i can pm you his e-mail so you can ask him questions.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Why only jump up a bit when you could go for a 172 engine.Ok youd have to upgrade a bit of kit like brakes etc,etc but why spend all that money for 400cc when you could really make a difference...On the other hand you could just save some money and buy a 172,its probably a dear doo.

Ian

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

So whats a dear doo den ?

I think Rob is correct in this case, its not want you want to hear I know, just run your car as it is and save up the bucks, then you can buy a bigger engined car straight out.