ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you fit 225-50-15's on a 182 Cup??????

03 clio sport asc
Hi Guys
I just got a pair of 225-50-15 Yokohama AD050's and was thinking of fitting them to the front end for track days. will run just a 195 on the rear as thats always been tight with my rims (OZ racing Superlegeras) I also have a set of standard Clio 15" rims if that offset will work better.

Have Gaz gold so can easily raise the height a bit.

Is this something you guys do? this is for track only and happy to remove guard liners and add bit of camber.

Can the front bumper brackets ok to be cut off? as they have needed to be trimmed to fit the 195-50s in the past

Thoughts please have track day on sunday so need to think fast.

Cheers David

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
The AD050's in 225/50/15 are actually 235mm wide and ideally need to be fitted to a 8J rim, I'd be amazed if you'd get them to fit under the front of a 1*2 without some serious surgery plus the car will be well over tyre'd.
Personally I only use 195's over 205's as I feel the front end is more complaint with the narrower tyre.
Rich