ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you get Uprated Dampers for 182?

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
I have a 182 cup(58mm spacing im guessing) and am having some custom 60mm springs made up by coilsprings.co.uk.

I need uprated front and rear dampers for them too. Ive looked in all the usuall places, K-tec, rimstyle etc and cannot find just dampers for the 182 without the springs. Anybody know where i can get some from?

Not a poxy Renault
I think Koni sell some now (sports), they have some specific 182 dampers listed on their website (different part no from the 172 ones) Although no suppliers have any listed for sale. May be worth sending Koni an e-mail. Let us know!

RSC 182 Cup
Last time I checked Koni didn't make any to suit a 182 Cup (which has the different uprated hubs) with the different bolt spacing. I'd be happy to proved wrong though....

(I just checked again and there's still nothing listed for a Cup.)

Hmm coil springs have just come back to me, they will do some 60mm springs to what ever poundage for £130 delivered.

With some Koni shocks(hopefully £300ish), could be onto a winner with cheapest coilovers for cup being £800+

Surely i could just use Ph2 60mm Rear Springs and koni dampers for a 1.6 model clio, the back will be exactly the same apart from a slightly heavier exhaust but no wheel well.

Not a poxy Renault
No specific cup listing, but the front strut part No's for a 172 and 182 are different, indicating different parts. I'll fire off an e-mail.

Good point, hopefully you're right.

Yep as coilspings will do 60mm 182 springs front and rear for £180 inc VAT delivered and maybe less if a few of us buy.

So if we can get 1.6 rear dampers( i.e Koni) for £70 thats £250 + however much for fronts.

No specific cup listing, but the front strut part No's for a 172 and 182 are different, indicating different parts. I'll fire off an e-mail.

What are you saying? That 172 bolt spacings is same as 182 cup/182 with cup packs, 60mm?

Not a poxy Renault
No - 182 cup are different to everything else.
172 + 182 are the same spacing, but on the Koni website a different Part No, so I'm assuming that the 182 Dampers that Koni list are for a 182 cup although they don't specify 'cup'. this is what I want to clarify with my e-mail, still waiting for a reply.

No - 182 cup are different to everything else.
172 + 182 are the same spacing, but on the Koni website a different Part No, so I'm assuming that the 182 Dampers that Koni list are for a 182 cup although they don't specify 'cup'. this is what I want to clarify with my e-mail, still waiting for a reply.

Got ya, let me know when they get back to you dude. :D

Not a poxy Renault
Just an update from me, I've e-mailed Koni UK, but get an e-mail failure message everytime. So I then e-mailled about 6 suppliers including Tweeks, Kam racing etc, I have only had one reply from Larkspeed which reads:

Hi Tom,
I believe the bottom bracket measurement on these to be the 60mm that you require although in truth I thought that this was the same on all the 182 range as we had supplied some of the 172 type shocks and they did not fit the standard 182??!! Hope this helps
Regards Rob
Rob Watkins
Sales Manager
Larkspeed Ltd
Tel: 01132643231

I'm not yet convinced enouugh to spend £400, so if anyone else has any more input it would be much appreciated.

Not a poxy Renault
Ktec response:
I have just been in contact with the supplier ,they only have listed the adjustable front shocks for a 182 (03-06) non cup models,however they have nothing listed for the cup.

My 2 pence worth is that I have a non cup 182 and have tried twice from two seperate companys to have the 172 koni shocks fitted to my 182, both have tried and said they wouldnt fit.
I know that the 182 cup is different spacing to non so would really like to know if the koni shocks for the 182 they list are for cup or non... What a palava!! lol

Rob.

Not a poxy Renault
Nail in the coffin:
Hi Tom,
I have confirmed with the Koni importer that unfortunately the spacing on the bottom is not correct for the cup model. It is possible that the bottom bracket could be filed to make them fit but I don't know if thats the best thing to do?!?!
Sorry I cannot be more help
Regards Rob
Rob Watkins
Sales Manager
Larkspeed Ltd