ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you lock the doors on a 182 without having the alarm turned on?

Clio 182 RS
Pretty much as the title says really. I don't use my 182 everyday and it sits there at night with the alarm on. Obviously nothing wrong with this however i'd be happy to leave the car over night with just the doors locked and without the alarm on as it is in a secure place really. The reason i ask this is this morning i went to start the car to go out and the battery was flat so i'm thinking if i can lock the doors without having the alarm on it won't drain my battery.

172 Cup
There's been a couple of threads on this, one suggesting to turn the key in the ignition 3x or so until it beeps IIRC? However I've never managed to get it to work.. Pain in the rear when the dog is in the car!
If anyone knows how to do it i need to know too!

I had this problem ages ago when some pikey put my passenger window through and I had plastic over the opening. You can disarm the interior sensors. That's what I did but I can't remember how. The answer was in a thread that I posted. A search may reveal it.

A shiny black one.
dont the car lock without locking it anyway swear mine does it after about 5 mins

If you unlock the car it locks after 30 seconds if no doors and boot are opened, but I think the alarm will not go on, so to answer the main question if you want your car locked without the alarm, unlock it, dont open any doors, wait for it to lock itself again and the alarm should stay off.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
IIRC you can....but as with Roy, can't quite remember how you do it.

(I have a bloody aftermarket alarm on mine as it's import so I can just central lock the doors with no alarm using the standard Renault key fob)

However, I dunno how easy I would be about leaving a car for long periods of time in a "secure" place with no alarm. (Basically how secure is secure....)

The easiest and most hassle free solution, saving you disconnecting the sensors would be to go out and start the car every once in a while....which is also a lot better for it in the long run anyway. Thats my logic anyway....:eek:

A shiny black one.
To turn the internal sensors off, turn the key to ignition on twice (without starting the car) shut door and lock, should hear some beeps to comfirm internal sensors are off. If the doors are opened the alarm will still go off.

2016 Audi RS3
Get out of drivers seat, close door. Walk around to passenger door, open door lean in and press central locking button on centre console. Close passenger door and lock with key.

This is what I have to do with my 172 as for the last 6 months or so the alarm goes off randomly when I arm it :(

Nimbus 197
or just find what is ACTUALLY draining the battery, or buy a new battery........

If the alarm is draining your battery then the battery is knackered (assuming it hasn't been left for weeks)

Lots of Alfas
You can disable the internal sensors as said. You can disable the alarm by putting in the emergency pin code as per the manual but thats more for if its faulty or you have a broken key. On a 172mk1 you could do this and then lock each door with the key. Not sure how youd do it on a ph2. I not sure theres another way round it without looking in the manual for the alarm.