ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you remap a 1.2?

Gordini 182
hi all

as the title says can you remap a 1.2, if so what sort of power increase would there be?

also what sort of mods can i do for performance increases?

thanks all

Listerine & Poledo
as above, possible but completely pointless.

get a quote, then take the money and put it into a 90-day savings account instead.

do the same for any other performance mods you think of buying

Clio 197
The Clio dCi's get the best gains from a remap because they are diesel.

A petrol 1.2 wont get a very big power increase from one and would cost around £300 probs.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I can remap them but if anyone ever asks me for a remap on a car like that i do my best to put them off cause the difference is just not enough to be worth the money it costs.

Just save up and buy a faster car instead.

Listerine & Poledo
flol. that should be stickied in the 'new to cliosport?' section

It should, but it wont, it's far too much like sense, which for the majority of young drivers, just isn't part of the programme

bless, some learn by reading, some by doing, some by failing

Megane 225 F1
I can remap them but if anyone ever asks me for a remap on a car like that i do my best to put them off cause the difference is just not enough to be worth the money it costs.

Just save up and buy a faster car instead.

Do you do AFR tests after?

TROLOLOLOL

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do you do AFR tests after?

Yes mate of course I do on all petrol cars I remap. Otherwise how would you know if there were any issues? Its not like you can just drive it and hope for the best, well not unless you are an idiot.

Listerine & Poledo
Cut the new guy a break people!

:)

Once his post count is up into 3 figures, then let open season begin. He only wants straight up advice at the moment, help CS stay useful eh.

M3?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The only 1.2 that is worth it is the 1.2TCE in the MK3s tbh.

IIRC Fred had his old 1.2 16v remapped. Took it up to 86bhp which is still less than the 1.4 16v. Just enjoy the economy and work on your lines, braking and preserving speed!

Listerine & Poledo
Just so I can empathise with the OP slightly:-

I started out with a Corsa 1.5 diesel ... without a turbo.

It maxed out at [figure removed] on a decline, "slipstreaming" a cavalier down a dual carriageway and took forever to get there.

but it did 50mpg all day, every day and cost buttons to run.

The chassis was woolier than a christmas jumper and it's spec made a track car look loaded with creature comforts.

but after 5 years of it I walked away with a clear licene and 5 years no claims, straight into a V6 coupe.

I could have started whacking alloys n junk on it, big exhaust etc, but it would have still been a heap. It was MY heap, granted, and friends had faster / 'nicer' motors, but then they had to pay out twice as much for tyres, fuel up twice as often etc.

So while their wallets kept getting emptied by their AX's, XR's etc I was able to walk straight into Newmarket Motor Co and just buy my next car outright with change for a sub, headunit and front speakers.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If he has a mate who has a car that is exactly the same, then the extra 3bhp or so might give him the edge, so i can slightly see the point then if they race each other a lot, likewise if it was in a single make race series or something.

in general though, pointless.

Just so I can empathise with the OP slightly:-

I started out with a Corsa 1.5 diesel ... without a turbo.

It maxed out at [figure removed] on a decline, "slipstreaming" a cavalier down a dual carriageway and took forever to get there.

but it did 50mpg all day, every day and cost buttons to run.

The chassis was woolier than a christmas jumper and it's spec made a track car look loaded with creature comforts.

but after 5 years of it I walked away with a clear licene and 5 years no claims, straight into a V6 coupe.

I could have started whacking alloys n junk on it, big exhaust etc, but it would have still been a heap. It was MY heap, granted, and friends had faster / 'nicer' motors, but then they had to pay out twice as much for tyres, fuel up twice as often etc.

So while their wallets kept getting emptied by their AX's, XR's etc I was able to walk straight into Newmarket Motor Co and just buy my next car outright with change for a sub, headunit and front speakers.

I agree with this, i;m only 17 with a 1.2 clio but hey i'll manage for the next few years with it til i can afford something alot better. OP should do the same

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My mate drove all the way to K-tech (Fair treck) for a remap on his 1.2 only to be told his ECU was fucked..

Now on topic, dont bother

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Remapping a 1.2 provides more bhp (3-5 iirc?) than mapping a 182 (0 bhp), so saying there's not enough gains isnt really applicable or accurate. :)

61 Clio 1.2
I feel his pain. I learnt to drive in my little 1.4. Was getting on a bit but was well looked after and ran really well. After a ....slight re-modelling of the front end it was written off. Now driving a new 1.2, well just doesn't have much poke. :dapprove: But I agree with other posts. Just save up for a faster car :D.