ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you replace warning lights in the dash?

Clio 1.5 DCI
Someone mentioned that the actual dial unit is sealed? If so, are you able to change to bulbs for the warning indicators (service, stop handbrake etc)?

And if so, where can I get these from (other than renault?)

Many thanks,

Dan

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, best to have a look in the guide sections. There is one for changing all the LED's but can't remember if it mentions about the lights for the middle panel. It might though.

Clio 1.5 DCI
There is a guide, but its for a Mk1. Anyone know please before i take my dash apart at the weekend lol?

Monaco 172
easy,

use fubars guide to takeing the dash off.
lift the dials out, remove plugs, take screws out of the back, remove plastic cover, then pop the needles off and undo the clips there and lift that bit off then youll see the circuit board. youll need either 1205 SMDs or a PLCC2 in whatever colour you need.

search richmcc for his guide, ph1 is pretty similar to ph2.

anymore PM me

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
They're basically tiny leds soldered onto the main board that controls your dash.

Why are you wanting to change them?

rps13
when they find a dead body thats been pushed through a steering wheel because the airbags didn't go off because the computor wasn't reset i hear that the LED's come out pretty easily