ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelled Contract - Final Bills To Expect?

LY 182
Hi guys,

Just given Vodafone my 30 days notice. Going SIM only on the iPhone 4 til I know about a potential 5.

Their site is bloody useless for information, so thought somebody here will hopefully have the answer.

My contract expires on August the 1st. I have a bill dated June the 25th which is due to come out on July the 1st. Will I just get one more bill? I asked the guy from Vodafone who I was speaking to and he was somehow unable to tell me. :S

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
You will be billed for your contract and usage. If the contract is due to expire on 1st of August you will pay for it up until that date?

Simple really.

LY 182
Having a brain fart and can't remember if you pay up front for the month or at the end.

Presume I'll probably have one normal bill and then a bit more? Meh.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just left vodafone and gone on giffgaff because I'm happy with my iPhone 4.

I rang them and asked to cancel. They said "yes, it's fine" and they told me that my bill would generate on the usual date and would be the final bill. This bill would come out of my bank by direct debit on the usual billing date and they would cancel the DD for me.

LY 182
I've just left vodafone and gone on giffgaff because I'm happy with my iPhone 4.

I rang them and asked to cancel. They said "yes, it's fine" and they told me that my bill would generate on the usual date and would be the final bill. This bill would come out of my bank by direct debit on the usual billing date and they would cancel the DD for me.

Cheers mate. No idea why the guy I spoke to at Vodafone couldn't tell me this. Then when I tried to explain I wanted to go SIM only to save money he tried to offer me as 12 month contract SIM only deal. Errr, f**k off.

Did you have to pay Vodafone to unlock you iPhone so you could put the Giffgaff SIM in?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Ring vodafone and ask for your phone unlocking. It's free and it will take a few days, you will receive an email when it's ready to be unlocked via plugging it into iTunes.