ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlocking iPhone 4 on Vodafone - 172Ben?

LY 182
Hey guys,

Quick question. I've got an iPhone 4 and the contract expires Thursday so I'm going SIM only.

I've given Vodafone my IMEI number to get it unlocked. Do you always then have to plug it in to iTunes to complete the unlocking process? Or is it possible that the phone is unlocked?

The guy said it was unlocked this morning but I haven't got my new SIM on me to check.

Everything I've read about unlocking has indicated you need to connect to Itunes to complete it so I'm trying to make sure Vodafone aren't giving me the run around here.

Ta.

LY 182
Cheers Revels got it sorted. I'd searched Google for loads of guides and finally found one that helped. Connecting the iPhone to iTunes with the new SIM card was what I needed to do to complete the unlocking stage.

Now I can finally ball on a SIM only deal.