ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Candles for headlights?

Nissan Jewk
Driving the other night, was like I had a couple of candles as headlights. Switched the fogs on to test them out, and I barely noticed them, must have had tealights in the foglight holders!!

Any recommendations for 'xenon-esque' headlights/sidelights/foglights for a Mk1 Valver????

Chocolate Bar™
ive used H4, and H7 osram silverstar and they give a good improvement in light, however its a crisp white light opposed to a bluey tint.

otherwise try one of the HID upgrade kits for around 150ish

Nissan Jewk
They're available for a valver? I've only ever known people with newer shape clio's have them....

Vee dub
Osram Silverstars all the way Mike

Brillint improvement, but as said, more of a white light... improved vision loads on mine.

Tom

Vee dub
champagne oh ja

I got the osram cool blue sidelights... and the silverstars...

worth upgrading the sides too really, theyre not a fake looking blue, more a whitey clear light with a very small tint.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Someone on here has HID's in his valver.

Forgot his name though. Jay something mibi...

I've got some PIAA Extreme white H4's in mine (I think that's what they're called) and matbrown seemed impressed with them when he drove it.

I find they're *much* better than standard! Though they are about £60 for the 2 bulbs...

I haven't seen HID from a drivers point of view but they look bright from the photo's I've seen on here. Pretty expensive at £150 though!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
had the same promblem with my headlights, basicly they are s**t, got a hid kit from america for £160 ( www.hid-lights.com ) much much better, went for the x5 9000k and done the 8000k on angel eyes, few pics of the 9000k kit...
DSCF1337.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1332.jpg

I'l try and get some pics of my PIAA ones - camera's a bit crap though and doesn't pick up that well at night though :(

I'll have to see how they come out!

GOLF GT TDI
i have got 2 sets on HID one set on my fog lights (10000k) the other set on the angel eyes (8000k) :)