ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannon 1000D 18-55 IS v Nikon D60 18-55 VR

320d
Which is the better camera out of the two. I'm thinking of getting one for xmas and they're exactly the same price etc so which is the better.

I'm fancying the Nikon but I know the Cannon eos range have a good reputation.

Also what is the difference between a IS and VR lense. I'm just after a camera for taking pics of my car and random crap realy.

My choice would be the Nikon, and before it gets mentioned... yes it needs AF-S or HSM lenses but you are not limited on this as there are loads too choose from.

The Nikon range also has a great reputation!!

I would also go try them both TBH - some feel happier with the feel of the Canon, others prefer Nikon!

IS and VR are just the names given to each companies image stabilizer/Vibration Reduction - they do the same thing.

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sounds like your Christmas will be very similar to mine Brett. :)

I'm getting the Nikon D60 with 18-55VR, but it's mostly down to personal preference. The further this thread goes on, the more you'll notice it go off-topic and subjective.

What JJ has said is fair enough. Try them both, it's the only way!