ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

About to finally buy a camera, come, stop me making a mistake!

Well this thread kicked back to life today I see!

I've just bought Clarts D40 and lens. Based on its a good starter kit, I won't lose any money on it and it gives me more money to waste on the caged shell!

Thanks for all the advice whichever way you went, I'm sure I'll refer back to it in the future.

A caged shell you say...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well this thread kicked back to life today I see!

I've just bought Clarts D40 and lens. Based on its a good starter kit, I won't lose any money on it and it gives me more money to waste on the caged shell!

Thanks for all the advice whichever way you went, I'm sure I'll refer back to it in the future.

Good choice IMO mate, it's a great DSLR to start off with.

Be careful when taking pics of cars on track though, you won't get any in focus ;)

It's not a great Motorsport photo and I think Phil gave constructive advice (in a cs way) so fairs fair?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I think the "you must be s**t" comment was enough need to be honest.
I'm no expert but I've had 6 different cameras and over 20 different lenses over the last 5 years and taken a lot of motorsport shots from drifting, to BTCC to just average trackdays. Being told I'm s**t because I have an opinion is a bit below the belt.

banter my dear boy.

ST TDCI
Interesting thread - thinking of taking the plunge as well - looking at a cannon 400D - could I get good motorsport shots with it;)

+ is it a good camera to start with?

Sorry op for jumping into your thread!

I think the "you must be s**t" comment was enough need to be honest.
I'm no expert but I've had 6 different cameras and over 20 different lenses over the last 5 years and taken a lot of motorsport shots from drifting, to BTCC to just average trackdays. Being told I'm s**t because I have an opinion is a bit below the belt.

Oops... didn't see that comment!

Interesting thread - thinking of taking the plunge as well - looking at a cannon 400D - could I get good motorsport shots with it;)

I used a 400D couple of weeks back and found it slow and frustrating with rubbish ISO performance. Then again, some people love it!

Try and stretch to a 450D - the 400D is extremely old technology now. I hate to say it but the money you'd spend on a 400D you could get a better spec'd nikon as they are generally just a lot cheaper