ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannot get stalk to work

I cannot get the stalk to work with my standard cd unit. I bought it like this (the salesman had no clue about it) and ive pulled it out to have a look...

There is the yellow plug which im assuming is for the stalk control? And a purple. No idea, but also the dash doesnt display anything that plays either.
IMG_0045_zps1dcca710.gif

So i plugged in the yellow plug, could not find where the other one goes and... it went here.

IMG_0046_zps72918ced.gif

After, no buttons work on the stalk still. However after about 10 or 20 seconds the volume goes to 0 and it wont budge from that until i remove the stalk and switch off/on.

​Need to fix this as i want to spend extra money on a radio that has stalk control and no point if its broken...

5, 19, Integrale, Cupra R
No idea about the purple but the yellow one either goes there or beside it

That purple connector leads to some form of a speaker that's below your climate control panel.

SDC18081.JPG

SDC18082.JPG

As above I reckon you may have the wrong type of stereo in.

5, 19, Integrale, Cupra R
Its 55 plate, what do you mean by the other part?

The later clios had an update list radio (its written on the front of it) which is incompatible with the dispaly/stalk from the earlier tuner list radios.

the way to find it see if your stereo has 'Tuner' or 'Update' indicated in photo

NDq6u.jpg

If it's Tuner List you'll need an Update List Stereo.

If it's an Update List, you may need to check connections to the centre clock display and stalk.

I have an update List HU. Is there a guide available to properly check all these connections?

There's not really a guide to check connections, more to check if the connector are in fact connected to the stalk and the radio.

Maybe your headunit could be faulty, which could be doubtful but there's only one way to check is try another.

Never mind ive sorted that out. Now im at the display and this is what it looks like.

IMG_0053_zps3861a345.gif

Now to get the radio info to display, is everything connected? Im abit in the dark here

There doesnt seem to be another connection available

Everything looks fine, as you have the update list there is only that 1 black connector to the display/clock rather than 2 connections of a Tuner List.

Does the display show time and temperature?

If not check your fuses or try changing the stereo.

It feels kind of good lol, but im yet to put it back together so il let you no on that...

It shows time and temp yes. But nothing else looks like a faulty HU to me then i guess.

All back together was quite easy. Enjoyed it yes haha :)

Thanks but however i will be buying an aftermarket one and all i need really is another HU like yours just to test to see if mines faulty. Then obviously i will know buying an aftermarket one will be fine.

Dont want to be spending the extra money for the stalk control when its pointless..

Anybody live in Derbyshire that can help me? Lol

Getting quite desperate for this. Fed up of my crappy HU and speakers.

Are you sure this is a fuse issue? Because from what i know experience wise it doesnt seem it to me :/

Anybody got any other ideas? Any other testing methods available as i dont have access to another HU same as mine.

CLIO RS 182
That purple connector leads to some form of a speaker that's below your climate control panel.

SDC18081.JPG

SDC18082.JPG

As above I reckon you may have the wrong type of stereo in.

@MWright Curious if you ever found out what that 'speaker' is for? I've just removed that panel on my 182 to look at changing out the climate control unit and don't have a speaker there at all, but do have the purple connector..

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@MWright Curious if you ever found out what that 'speaker' is for? I've just removed that panel on my 182 to look at changing out the climate control unit and don't have a speaker there at all, but do have the purple connector..
Think that panel speaker is for sat nav clios . most dont have it.