ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 17-40 L or 17-85 usm

Clio 1.5 dci
Hi all. Sold my last lens when cash was tight but got a bit of spare cash and looking at a decent lens for my 350D.
Was looking at a 17-85 USM IS but not sure if I'm better spending a little extra and going for the 17-40 L.
Any opinions

Fiesta ST3
my money would go on the 17-40 L nice bit of glass or even the 24-105 L i have the 24-105 on a 40d body and its a perfect walk about lense with a good zoom range..

neither tbh EF-S 17-55F2.8 IS i just bought it the other day and its fantatstic it really iss fast and has IS too can hand hold at 1 second if you carfull

Depends completely on what your shooting. Both are 'slow' so to speak, one has a little more reach and IS, the other has better build, colours, contrast and sharpness.

If I was shooting Full Frame I'd get the 17-40 all day but I'm not so my choice would be the 17-55 F/2.8 IS or the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 as I'm a speed freak.

Hows the honeymoon?

Agreed on the 17-55 though. f2.8 & IS and you can't go wrong!

its going great just waiting for the airport pickup to go to bangkok now :) will be back on sunday some time

only problem with the 17-55 is vignetting :dead: