ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon Lens Help

SchwepTek™
Been offered a PX on my 17-85is for a sigma 10-20 and £150.

Thinking about going for it as i have always wanted an ultra wide. But would also by the 50 1.8 to go with it.

Alternatively was thinking about waiting and buying a 17-40 f4l.

Don't really know what to do.

Any help?

Oil Burner
Super Wide angles are great fun. However the 17-85 is going to be a hard focal range to replace.

The 17-40 is really designed to be a Wide angle on a 1.3 or Full frame sensor, so on a crop sensor it wont be very wide and wont give you much range.

Personally i would get the 10-20 and then worry about the rest of the focal range later (i just love super wide angles). I'm not a huge fan of the 50mm 1.8, good for the price, but not great compared to most lenses.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
the siggy 10-20 is a great little lens. I would still have one in a shot if i wasnt shooting 1.3crop. Ok its not L glass but I had alot of published work with it and never had an issue with it. The 17-40 is going to be about 27-64 on 1.6crop which isnt wide at all.

50 1.8, might aswell burn 4 £20 notes imo awful things.

Looking for 182
The 50 1.8 is the best bang for buck lens around. Yes, it's cheap, plastic, the bokeh is a little ugly, and the AF is noisy and crap is low light, but it is sharp and for the money you really can't go wrong.