ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon SLR EOS 350D BLK 18-55

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I'm looking at buying the camera from the cannon refurbish shop from ebay, Hoping to get it for about £250.

However, This is/will be my first SLR. I've read a few Guides, But still have a few more questions. The camera will mainly be used for stationary objects, IE pics of my car ETC, However, The main reason for buying this camera is a trip to New York.

My only issue is will i lose all aspect of point and click with this camera, I appreciate to get the best results I will need to fiddle with it for each photo, But is there an auto mode which will enable me to spend a little less time settign up each photo. I imagine in central manhatten, I'm not going to impress anyone stopping to set m ycamera up every few moments ;)

also, I presume 18-55 is the included Lens? How is this? Would i be looking at something else for these shots or is the 18-55mm one fine?

thanks

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hi, I'm looking at buying the camera from the cannon refurbish shop from ebay, Hoping to get it for about £250.

However, This is/will be my first SLR. I've read a few Guides, But still have a few more questions. The camera will mainly be used for stationary objects, IE pics of my car ETC, However, The main reason for buying this camera is a trip to New York.

My only issue is will i lose all aspect of point and click with this camera, I appreciate to get the best results I will need to fiddle with it for each photo, But is there an auto mode which will enable me to spend a little less time settign up each photo. I imagine in central manhatten, I'm not going to impress anyone stopping to set m ycamera up every few moments ;)

also, I presume 18-55 is the included Lens? How is this? Would i be looking at something else for these shots or is the 18-55mm one fine?

thanks

Plenty of "point and click" modes on the 350d!

P mode, its like an auto that you pick a few features on, you decide the ISO, flash up/down, metering and focus points.

There's also a few modes with little pictures on but err forget what they are prob the same as any point and shoot...

clio
same as what i use, its like a maze at times with all the features etc although theres some great guides on the net for it!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The £329 is brand new. for a 350D. Is the 400D that much better?

For the price of the 400D, I could have a memory card and case for the 350D.

1 Series Coupe
I spose so... You need to go into a camera shop and have a play..

I found the 350D abit too small for my hands...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ordered a 400D with a 4GB card.

On the look out now for a case and tripod, Then lens' But I'm sure i will be mesmerized by the stock lens, Coming from a 3.0MP CyberShot :)

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I bought a Silver 400D from the outlet store on ebay came to 300 inc p+p..Not bad including a lens. Quick delivery too! Ive come from a 10.1MP Sony N2 and I think its the best buy Ive made in ages. Just making a post with pics in photography section...

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive just bid and won one of these refurb 350d and was going to ask the same.

I got it for £260 in the end ...Im just hopeing it includes the lens.

Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
It came today, Awesome Bit of kit.

Just went and bought a tripod and camera case for it. Went for the 400D wit ha 18-55mm lens and a 4GB card.

Cant wait to try it out, Looks a little confusing and out of my depth tough ;) I'll google some guides methinks :)