ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon users... my quest... your help!

Quest: Lens
Need: walkaround, ideally from wide to 85mm.
Budget: £350 (maybe a little more - not quite sure!)

Options I have considered:

Canon 28-135 (but maybe just not wide enough)
Canon 17-85 - reviews vary soooooooooo much!
Canon 18-200 - jack of all trades, but no USM and IQ not up to scratch
Canon 18-135 - just released, no USM but new type of faster micro motor (apparantly!), no reviews at all as of yet of this lens.
Canon 100mm F2 USM*
Canon 85mm F1.8 USM*

*obviously I would have to save for a wide angle too!

Other options include Sigma 17-70, 18-125 and tamrom 28-75 F2.8 (which seems to get great reviews)

So who has used what, any user feedback would be grand!

The only L glass near my budget is the 17-40... but I think I would really miss the longer reach.

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd be tempted by the Sigma 24-70mm JJ, completely forgot about that. I was thinking of the Canon 24-70mm, but obviously that's way out of the price range. Not sure if you want a bit more at the wide end though?

Edit: just seen how much the Sigma is lol, thought it was a lot cheaper than that..

Last edited:

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I think I've been looking for a while now. Tamron looks like a winner tbh. What retailer have you seen it at??

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yup i have a 28-135 IS and its a good lens although it does suffer from zoom creep. i picked mine up new for around £200