ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon Warranty repairs

Ad

MK2 FRS
My 350d is broken and jessops have sent it off for repair. They have said repairs take around 4weeks:eek: I then have to wait for a letter from Cannon to tell me to pick it up.

Not the best service and im slightly pissed off as in 6mths Ive probably taken 1,000 pics with it at the most.

Is this standard of service the norm??

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Re: Cannon Warranty repairs

My Canon camcorder was sent ofF to Canon somewhere down London , they sent the bugger all the way back up to Manchester to a shop to be repaired . I could have bloody taken it myself , less than an hour away , lol .

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

luckily my 20d is still going strong! its getting close to the service point for shutter actuations soon! eek! so i guess i will find out then!

4 weeks is a heft wait, dont think i could cope with that!

and theres only one N in Canon ;)

A4 Avant

My Canon A70 powershot was sent away for repair a couple of years ago and it took 6 weeks for it to be delivered back to me. It worked when I got it back and they did say it could take that time so I had no reason for complaint!

Ad

MK2 FRS

^ 6weeks is over 10% of the warranty period!!!

Seems like thats pretty standard with them.

I debated over one n or two and plumped for the wrong one. lol

Rally bus

4 weeks is fairly short as repair times go, if there's any major sporting event on repairs can take months as Canon/Nikon send a lot of their technicians to the events for the "pro's". Doesn't say much for their confidence in their products in my opinion.

Find out the number of the service centre they've sent it too and phone them up regularly, that usually knocks a few days off repair times ;)

I sent my previous ixus off to repair centre (not through shop i bought from) and had it back in 10days!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye, i've heard that too

i dropped mine and it took 6 weeks to be repaired. but that was through the policy i had taken out, so probably not Nikon themselves.

hope it gets sorted quickly mate

Ad

MK2 FRS
Well it broke again after having just about everything repalced!!

So i kicked off bigtime in jessops today, new camera and another 12mths warranty. Result:)