ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant be good... can it help

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

hmmmdont look good

as tom says check ur oil level.

even a small leak will dribble out, so u may want to clean up the area and see where ti is coming from?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Think thats where i have a leak on my 182, renault have advised that they will need the car for 2 days in order to replace a gearbox seal!

the actual plug seems to be coming away at the back.... well not coming away, but is not in properly? will deffo look into it.

like i say... have checked oil, and its fine.... will do so again soon. Mayb the cap was never screwed back on right?

Burgandy 174 sport t

That was the same on my 172, well I no longer had a cap there. I noticed it at the same time as the drivers front spring became dislodged (sp) from the cup on the shock. Guy at reno said all due respect sir its not a sports car!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Maybe a numpty question this, but thats not actually the sump plug is it? :confused:

I thought most cars had like a 10mm-12mm hexagonal bolt that unscrewed directly from the sump. Is this whats behind the the plastic screw-cap as pictured?

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i hope not, because i noticed Renault didnt bother to put that cap back after the last service and my 172 doesnt run with one! Hope thats not a problem, anyone??

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Darren, your right. under that plastic cap is the sump nut. :)

Gaz, which cap do you mean mate?

172, Tiguan

I bet theyve cross threaded the sump plug.

That happened to me, but 5 minutes later there was £40 worth of Fully Synth Mobil 1 all down the driveway.

Dan, take the whole cover off, its only held on by four 10 or 12mm bolts, it then pops out easily, you should be able to see where its coming from. Might be just a case of them being lazy when they changed the oil and didnt take the whole cover off.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

GAZ< nothng to worry about. its just a plastic cover. Am sure you can get a spare onoe from Renault or a local scrap yard. Could have the one off my Cup if I knew where it was!

Ford Fiesta

that plastic cap is so they can drain the oil without removing the whole sump guard.

Maybe they havnt fitted the sump plug properly.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

should have sold that thing ages ago and bought an S3 ;)

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 20 April 2005 at 11:43am]

172beast

Be gearbox oil I bet, mine pished oil out from there when diff exploded

172beast

Doesnt need changing like engine oil, but Id imagine it depends how you drive it. Wouldnt bother changing gearbox oil if it feels smooth, only really needs doing on older cars if gearchange gets stiff, esp in the morning. Read a lot about folk popping automatic gearbox oil in manual box on old cars and it really helping the shift, lot smoother and easier to get into gears on cold starts.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 20 April 2005
they all do it mate, It is probably leaking from the Drivers side plenum / rocker cover seal.

/y0z

is that a problem tho? tbh i reckon its been that way for a while....

gear changes are fine really. Get the odd crunch but only when im flyin through the gears.....