ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get Chinese characters on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Peddled device
I'm trying to use one of the BBC language tutors ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/chinese/real_chinese/ ) but l can't see Chinese characters on my screen.I have followed the help instructions which lead me to this bit of infomation....

MS Internet Explorer
You can download the necessary language packs from Microsoft.
In your browser go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > tick the box saying 'Enable install on demand' > click OK.
You'll be prompted to download a script when you load a page which contains Chinese characters.

But l don't have the 'Enable install on demand' box to tick it.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate if it helps

Any help guys?

RB 182
If it's like XP it'll be in something like Regional Settings in Vista and then install the language pack.

Snatch with DIY mods.
I'm trying to use one of the BBC language tutors ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/chinese/real_chinese/ ) but l can't see Chinese characters on my screen.I have followed the help instructions which lead me to this bit of infomation....

MS Internet Explorer
You can download the necessary language packs from Microsoft.
In your browser go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > tick the box saying 'Enable install on demand' > click OK.
You'll be prompted to download a script when you load a page which contains Chinese characters.

But l don't have the 'Enable install on demand' box to tick it.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate if it helps

Any help guys?

NONCE!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I download NJSTAR COMMUNICATOR to get Chinese characters working on my computer,

See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.