ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get my bonnet up

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get my bonnet up.

I lift the lever in the passenger side footwell. (there may have been a click the first time i did this I can remember) but if I do it now I can't here any unlocking click.

If I go to the bonnet it doesn't seem to have lifted up in anyway.

I can just about get my fingers under and feel the t-shaped level above the left corner of the grill. I can pull this fully toward me until it won't come anymore but this does not allow the bonnet to be lifted. I can also push the lever upward slightly but this does not work either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can vet my bonnet up?

Mine did this, I had to get someone to pull the lever whilst I pulled the bonnet upwards and it just opened.

rps13
yeah you've broken the lever.

go to a scrapyard with a torx key and steal one, yank the lever off your one and put the new one on.

Cooksport Fleet
A clio bonnet hatch playing up!!!???

What jesus said!

Although mine did this once, and i just pulled the bonnet up hard... and it opened.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ah sounds like mine before i got it replaced,

pull the lever in the footwell, go out side and tug up abit, go back to the foot well and pull again and it should go pop,

And it should then open :)

phone renault to get your car booked in as its free anywayz