ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant get reverse

Ph1
Polished the engine mount and plemium chamber. I put the car back together and for some reason im having problems getting into reverse. Was fine before i started the job.

Every other gear is spot on but reverse is a stand on the clutch and ram the gear in job.

One thing i did notice when checking the upper engine mount was when i lowered the engine down supporting it by the jack i can get into gear fine. Ive taken the engine mount off 3 times and made sure its sitting properly and the bolts are tight but i still cant get reverse with out severe force.

Anyone any ideas what it could be ive disturbed??

Ph1
Not that i know of plus every other gear is fine and i made sure the jack was properly in position.

Im sure its something to do with the engine mount as like i say if i lower the engine using the jack while the mount is removed it goes into gear perfect.

could i have disturbed the lower mount some how?

CS Dungeon
I had this when fitting my williams engine, is the selector rod catching on your exhaust or Cat?

Ph1
MATT BLACK said:
possibly - you got it on the right way ?

Yeah cos there's only one way it can go on. Checked it 3 times.

Im wondering if its to do with the lift up collar cable?

No its not catching on the zorst on cat etc.

Ph1
Is there meant to be a gap between the engine mount and the rocker cover as per photos does anyone know??

2006-09-07014.jpg

2006-09-07013.jpg