ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant open my bonnet

mk2 clio turbo
I've got a 2001 1.2 16v clio and basically i think the release cable has snapped or unhooked itself somehow. The bonnet wont pop open from pulling the lever by the passenger footwell so im not sure how im gona get it to open. Has this ever happend to anyone before?? could do with some advise on how to get the thing open without havin to get the angle grinder out lol. its doin me nut in.

cheers

Stewy

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
right what you need to do is get your hand up behind the bumper on the drivers side, there is a pannel that runs the length of the bumper underneath just behind your splitter, this unclips all the way round and when this is done it will let you remove the pannel behind the lower grill on the drivers side you can then get your hand right up the back of the bumper and when your near the bonnet use your other hand to pass flat headed screw driver through to your other hand! (you might have to jack it up if your cars lowered although we didnt with mine -60mm)

then comes the slightly harder bit where it might help to have another clio there to look at. you need to find this catch....
image0035eq.jpg

when you find it you need to, with your screw driver push the bit the arrow points to in this pic in the direction the arrow points and get someone to pull your bonnet up (or it might juts pop its self like it usually does but mine didnt?
image0040su.jpg

it isnt as hard as it sounds to be honest, if you need any help with changing the cable ill get my mate who done mine to use my account to answer any questions you have.

and heres all the stuff copyed from my invoice for the new part
P/N: 8200091632
Description: Opening Control
List:£19.63
Net:£18.65
VAT:£3.27
Total £21.92