ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant open my boot

clio sport 172
i cant open my boot it does not open with the doors i have to craw in through the back seets does anyone knbow what i need to fix it , where i can get it from and how much im going to be stung for the it

When mine started doing this it turned out to be the motor in the boot lock mechanism had died. I think renault wanted 60 quid for the mechanism. Got one for a fiver from a scrappy. You could take it out and have a play with the wiring etc to see if there is a loose connection. Also i could see there was voltage accross the plug when I activated the central locking so knew it was alright up to the mechanism.

i had a similar problem, the tailgate link rod had worked its way loose and meant i couldnt open the boot, does it make the unlocking sound?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
This happened to my 172 except it would'nt lock,
the whole boot lock needed replacing, wasn't to expensive.

Renault charged me about £60 for the part, if you can find
one in a breakers yard it will be cheaper.
I then took it to a car electronics place and they charged me
about £30 to fit it.

PH1 172, E39
motor gone dead in the actuator, hence not engaging the metal rod to lock/unlock the boot.