ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't sell 172

Ph1 172
Hey there,

Anyone have any advice for selling cars at the moment?

My Ph1 is down to 2350 asking price, it isn't in bad condition, just average, few car park dents and so on. But this seems a complete bargain to me, I'm surprised someone hasn't bitten my hand off? :dapprove: It's on 72k and has had the belts done, and all the obvious things which might put someone off.

It is on Ebay and here, any other suggestions?

Thanks
Ed

Links: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=342116
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=180261932416&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
That is cheep if i did not have a big ass bill to pay for the gearbox i would have this in a shot :( very nice

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
the clutch has just gone on mine and thats a 7 hour job. mines on 96k but mines done well to last that long.

^ he says..

I have a receipt for the cambelt and aux belt which were changed just before christmas costing £500

BMW M135i
My bad then :eek:, only looked at the ebay ad must've missed it there. Still my points standard about the airbox clips and exhaust, although the belts were done very late werent they? It been serviced regularly otherwise?

My car took about 2 months to sell, think everyone is just being careful with their money at the mo cause of the current circumstances. I just brought myself a 182 for £1000k less than what its valued at cos no one is buyin and the seller was fed up with waiting!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've been looking at the ph1 172 maket a lot lately and it seems very cheap IMO. I'm looking at spending £3-3.5k in a couple months time and wouldn't look at anything under £2.5k as 1st question is always 'why is it that cheap?'. Maybe needed to be on longer at £3k.

It looks like its not been on sale long, I've seen some 172s still on sale some 3/4months later. Add it to Piston Heads as well. More likely to sell if its mint and needs nothing doing.

What's the P/EX you've been quoted for it if you don't mind me asking?

Chelsea tractor
I've been looking at the ph1 172 maket a lot lately and it seems very cheap IMO. I'm looking at spending £3-3.5k in a couple months time and wouldn't look at anything under £2.5k as 1st question is always 'why is it that cheap?'. Maybe needed to be on longer at £3k.

It looks like its not been on sale long, I've seen some 172s still on sale some 3/4months later. Add it to Piston Heads as well. More likely to sell if its mint and needs nothing doing.

It's all very well looking at what price they're advertised for. What PH doesn't tell you is the price they actually sell for! ;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport

It's all very well looking at what price they're advertised for. What PH doesn't tell you is the price they actually sell for! ;)

Haha true. But I'd expect most sellers expect haggling, if its at £2300, I'd expect to get a bit off and if the seller needs a quick sell and work needs doing.

Due to 172s being a bit more of an enthusiasts car than the rest of the clio range, sellers are likely to know more about the car and know the market better than your average joe selling their 1.2, and so will price better IMO. At the end of the day, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so its always going to be hit and miss depending on who's looking to buy.

Ph1 172

£2200, I would rather it went to someone than to a garage mind.

Hence the sudden drop in price, there is nothing 'wrong' with it, just I want rid so I can get my motorbike :)

I sold my Mx-5 about 6 months ago and that sold within two days and I had loads of offers.

Now absolutely nothing - I guess it must be the economy, tax and fuel prices have just destroyed the big engined car market!

Thanks anyway!

Ed