ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant stop wheelspinning in 1st gear!

Renault Clio 172 cup
dus anyone else hav the problem in their 172 cup that everytime i accelerate slighlty fast in 1st gear the wheels just spin???

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Well, it is winter.
If you're lucky you may even spin in 2nd :quiet:

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Always had this problem or just recently due to the icy roads? Its the way of the world i'm afraid with the weather as it is at the moment. Traction control helps but you don't have that on your cup do you xD. Try pulling off in second gear or just learn to feed the throttle in gently until you've got some speed up.

Suzuki Ignis
cliosparta.jpg

Soz I dunno whos car it is.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just be gentle on the throttle fella. There was a guy with a Megane over on Renaultsport saying that he cant take his car over 3.3k in 1st gear without wheel spin...well blow me down the roads are slippy wheel spin is inevitable even in a 1.2 in this weather when being to heavy footed in first

alien green rs133
Just be gentle on the throttle fella. There was a guy with a Megane over on Renaultsport saying that he cant take his car over 3.3k in 1st gear without wheel spin...well blow me down the roads are slippy wheel spin is inevitable even in a 1.2 in this weather when being to heavy footed in first

yeah mine last night was spinning randomly going down the road in 4th 1.2 power!!!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My guess is pretty much already said. It's either:

1) Heavy right foot
2) Crap tyres
3) Wet/icy roads

Can't say I have any problem in my 172. Since wearing in my eagle f1s, its more of a game to see if I can get the ESP/TC kicking in.

M

mini-valver

I do it on purpose pulling off roundabouts in second, just because it sounds nice.

mk2 slow. . .
throttle control and crap tyres are probably your answer. I was spinning in 2nd and 3rd today just driving along, the weather makes a hell of a difference!

1.5 Clio Dynamique
the petrol station on bewdley hill in kidderminster always seems to get my clio and it will wheel spin in 3rd in wet conditions

106 GTi
Stop trying to mash the throttle through the blukhead in wintery times and all will be fine.

In between cars....
Whats your reggy mate, seen a couple of cups in dundee lately

Take the lead boots off, might help ;)