ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Boot beginning to get oxidised after Polish

Clio Authentique 1.2
I polished my Clio Mk2 using Megs Polish last Saturday, so around 5 days ago, I then topped it off with Nano-Tech Wax (I know not the best, but it's allI had to hand). It came out with an amazing glass finish to the car, I checked by running my hand over the whole car and it was so smooth. However I noticed only this morning that small areas of the car, most noticeably the boot has started going back to the previous oxidised condition. I don't get it, I thought using Polish meant having removed a layer of the paint which is bad? A bit concerned now, that certain areas of the car might slowly go back to its oxidised state. Did I do something wrong, maybe I should have topped it up with Autoglyms EGP and THEN wax? Please help guys, don't want to have to put 7 hours every week to keep my car in pristine condition.