ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car chugging rather bad, starting problems too.

Hi, I have 2 issues which I think could be connected. Firstly my car is chugging really bad, on idle the whole car is bad, and if you roll the windows down you can even hear it in the car (the spit spit pop pop think from the exhaust). I also often (every morning) have problems starting the car first attempt, if it starts first time it feels like it will die an cut out right away, or it dont start at all. A attempt a 2nd time sees it burst into life.

I have done some reading on here and have done some basic changes but so far nothing has working (and the costs are mounting) So far in the past year I have done...
New battery
New Pre-cat lambda sensor
New spark plugs
New HT leads
New coil pack
Tried Red X.

Anyone any ideas? Im now leaning towards the injectors but never changed these before (is it bumper off job? safe for a novice to do in a car park or on a drive etc?). Or failing that anyone know any half decent place to take it too near SY (not a stealer who will charge £70 to plug a computer into it)

172 cup
hi im having similar problems with my 172 cup i have just read a thread on another page from sombody else who has the exact same symptoms as i have got down to a tee and its turned out to be the map sensor so give that a try mate..

Thanks mate could be a try, is this the map in these pics? Does it just pull from the Plenum?

ash3largeep4.jpg

twisterie7.jpg