ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Cover

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys,

Any recommended car covers for the ph2?

Needs to be waterproof as the track car will be indoors over winter but does get “moist” in the lockup.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I've used these on all my Clio 182s for the last 6 years. Outdoors, all-weather, year in, year out, zero issues. The later versions are much better.

I usually give the car a clean-off before covering it, then stick some of those cheap dehumidifiers off Amazon in. From October to December I'll uncover it, check the dehumidifiers and change them if necessary, give the car a quick wipe-over, and then leave until Spring.

My mate parks his race car up in October and doesn't uncover it until March. No issues. They have a soft lining inside so won't damage paintwork, as long as you don't pick anything up from the ground.

Definitely better covers out there but cost 4 times as much and these do the job.

IMG_1630.jpeg

NOTE - I have a really expensive one which i got with my track car, but don't use it. The car was stored inside a rather nice garage parked next to a Ferrari, so it's a top-notch cover.

I'd flog you that as I don't need it.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I used one of these and got lacquer peel on the top of the doors. This was about five years ago. Have they updated the design? I always found them to be pretty rough on the inside.