ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car cutting out on full lock??

Golf R/Leon FR
as above the ph1 is having a few problems at the moment.

when i am reversing/parking and have the wheels at full lock it sometimes cuts out and stalls?

any ideas as to what it could be?

recently the steering has felt heavier than normal when driving.

my tyres are all fine and not flat.

Id say on a PH1 it could be idle control valve, When the engine is under more load the engine speed drops, the ECU should pick that back up again.

Does it stall If you switch on lots of electrics when idleing? ( heated screen, wipers etc )

mine also does this occasionally; don't know if the Ph1 is the same (?) but there's a sensor on the Ph2s that controls the idle when the PAS pump is at full load - suggestion anyway

sounds as though it could be worth checking out your PAS if it's becoming heavier (pump/fluid probs?)

ed. or is it electric on the Ph1s? ignore all that if it is

No PH1 is the same power steering, have seen pumps stalling the engine on full lock, but not on a clio. Its got to be either a pump problem or an idle control fault.

Golf R/Leon FR
doesnt stall when i have lots of things on when idle, its fine. only happens when im turning.

PAS fluid is full, but could be the pump i guess.

i get quite a bad vibration when im driving too, but that could be steering rack, wheels, balancing/tracking etc

J

jakm15

it mint be a bad battery, the power steering uses alot of juice when its on full lock, the ecu idle control mint be casuing the problem to, just give it more gas so you dont have to get it fixed

If you had a battery / aternator issue then i think you would see more symptoms in normal driving conditons, especially with lights and rear heated screen on etc. The fact that its just on full lock at idle speed makes a pump / ICV more likely.

172 Race Car
Its not going to be the battery, its not electric power steering.

Check the pas pressure switch (in the pipe as it comes out of the pump)
and clean the idle valve with some carb cleaner

J

jakm15

battery is only 6 months old

when you say mint you mean might?

ye i mean that im just retarted at spelling

what is the power steering on a mk2 ph1 is is pas or power steering and is it electric or what??