ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car data check

Clio 182
where is the place to get a car data check?. ive found a car I like but its a private sale. Id rather get from a dealer but this seems like a really good deal. Thanks

Clio 182
the HPI type checks, the AA and RAC do them and loads of other companies, but was wondering which one is the best, as there are so many

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
how about direct from HPi ?

i dunno i do my own 4 free because i work for a dealership

Clio 182
cheers guys, had a look at HPi, they charge £40 though. Mite try that £9.95 one and see what it comes up with

Clown Car
This is the info you will get -

Thank you for using the My Car Check car data check. Your payment has been processed and the
details of your check are included below.

This report should be read in conjunction with the guide on our website at
http://www.mycarcheck.com/help/report/

If you have any questions about the information in this report please email
customercare@mycarcheck.com.

Order Confirmation

Order # xxxxxx
Date Wednesday, 15th February 2006
Time 12:24:04 AM

Payment Information

Card # xxxxxxxx
Card Type xxx
Card holder xxxx xxxxx

Vehicle Information

Registration xxxx xxx
Make & Model Renault Clio Renaultsport 182 16v
VIN (Partial) ..........xxxx
Engine Size 1998cc
Engine Number xxxxxxx
First Registered 30 Sep 2005
Former Keepers 0
Colour Silver

Vehicle Status

Colour Changes There is no record of this registration being subject to a colour change.
Plate Transfer There is no record of this registration being subject to a plate change
Scrapped There is no record of this registration being scrapped
Imported There is no record of this registration being imported
Exported There is no record of this registration being exported
Stolen There is no record of this registration being stolen.
Write-off There is no record of this registration being written-off

Report Guidance

Further Help

A description of the information contained in this report can be found on
http://www.mycarcheck.com/help/report/

VIN Check

We are not able to provide the full VIN with the car data check service as a full VIN can be used to
clone a vehicle. However, you may provide a VIN and it can be checked against our records. This
check may be performed by visiting http://www.mycarcheck.com/vin/

Categories of write-off

A Vehicles in this category have been damaged beyond repair. They will have no
economically salvageable parts and should be crushed.
B Vehicles in this category have been damaged beyond repair and should be crushed, but
may have salvageable parts.
C Vehicles in this category are extensively damaged but may be repaired, however, the
insurer has decided not to repair this vehicle.
D Vehicles in this category are damaged and may be repaired but the insurer has decided not
to repair this vehicle.
F Vehicles in this category are damaged by fire; the insurer has decided not to repair this
vehicle.

Edit - the only thing it does not tell you is if the car has any outstanding finance.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I just buy from HPI. Yeah its £40 but when I was buying a £10,000 car it is almost negliable.

Clown Car
DarthCake - Yeah i agree £40 is a very small price to pay to make sure the car has not got a hidden past as it could cost you a lot more in the long run if it has.

The only reason i went with the £9.95 one is because i was buying a so called pre-reg from a large Renault dealer, so the car having oustanding finance was not an issue, it was just an extra check for peace of mind that it was a UK car because it did not have window etching or ISR stickers on it.

Found out from RCS that they stopped etching windows sometime between March 05 and September 05.

clio 182 black /gold
My brother had them ring him about 3 times in a week. How about saying yes im intrested i steal a lot of cars and i want to get shut off them quickly and can you offer a package deal LOL