ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car feels loose at rear

2003 clio 172
can anyone help my car feel very loose at rear when driving, does it mainly when i hit a bump in the road feels like rear wheels are coming loose but checked them no play when jacked up any ideas would be great

Focus RS + S3
just to confirm i would have said rear dampers. back end kept 'stepping out' on me when driving normal and felt really loose. changed them and its a completely different car
its recommended to change them in pairs too, i got mine from Wests Renault in the traders section for £93 delivered :)

RB FF 182
Rear dampers knackered.

+1 Although check your rear springs when your changing them, one of mine had snapped!

Also, there doesn't need to be obvious leaking from the rear damper for it to be knackered. Mine was bone dry but it was like a bike pump! lol

2003 clio 172
great cheers guys, my girlfriend is still driving it, i take it that it wont brake or snap coz she got the kids in the car

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't think I broken damper would cause the car to brake.

Unlikely they'll break either.

Mk5 golf gti
i wouldnt be taking kids out in it, just be careful as that bouncy rear will want to step out into a hedge or wall etc lol