ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car fine but will not accelerate

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
Hi there I was cleaning out my car this afternoon, so had the ignition at position I and radio playing for about 30 mins while I hoovered etc.

When I came to start the car up noticed the engine management warning light was on (orange coil one). Switched off ignition when I noticed this then started car up as usual everything fine. EXCEPT car will only accelerate once and wen your foot leaves the pedal it will not work again. Engine is still idling, it does not cut out.

Help!!

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
Also this may be useful, car was recently at Renault for free bonnet catch replacement and free health check, here are faults found...

Anti-roll bar link N/S
Cyclinder head gasket (leaking)
Both front trackrod ends
Top up engine oil - checked myself using dipstick, it's fine

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Also this may be useful, car was recently at Renault for free bonnet catch replacement and free health check, here are faults found...

Anti-roll bar link N/S
Cyclinder head gasket (leaking)
Both front trackrod ends
Top up engine oil - checked myself using dipstick, it's fine

possibly something to do with the head gasket??? It depends on how long its been going really and if its mixing the water/oil