ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is too low

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Ive just got my self a renault clio 1.2 53 reg dynamique, and the car is really low (40mm) with 15" rims. It sometimes struggles on humps etc.

Is there anyway of solving this problem? or even just making the car a bit higher again please help!! lol

320d
Without wanting to state the obvious but put the standard suspension back on

Is it just lowered on 40mm springs or have the shock absorbers been changed aswell

A set of second hand standard springs will cost next to nothing on here

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i wouldnt have thought it would at that height mate, mine was way lower than that and never hit anything under the car,

is something like your exhaust hanging low under the car? im pretty sure the lowest part of the underside of the car is the front bumper splitter, so if that doesnt catch nothing else should...

get some balls man :approve:

no but seriously, it's either lower than 40mm or something is hanging down as previously mentioned.

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
The guy i got it off said it was 40mm, but he also said that when it was lowered, it was done to suit a 17" alloy st, but now its 15"?
5e3a_3.jpg

thats a pic of the car

Clio 182
unfortunately no matter how fast you hit the speed bumps you wont manage to scrape the paint off - try going round a tight corner far too fast - you'll take most of the bodykit and paint off in one sweep ;) possibly the lights too

Seriously though - the problem isn't the cars height, its the kit thats too low, making it higher would look stupid (more) so you're best either dealing with it, or taking the kit off

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
unfortunately no matter how fast you hit the speed bumps you wont manage to scrape the paint off - try going round a tight corner far too fast - you'll take most of the bodykit and paint off in one sweep ;) possibly the lights too

Seriously though - the problem isn't the cars height, its the kit thats too low, making it higher would look stupid (more) so you're best either dealing with it, or taking the kit off

or getting rid of the car