ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car just died on me!

Ly Megane 230 F1
Hello people :)

Just went a wee drive to the local post office about 3miles from me

I was in 5th gear doing about 60mph..i went to speed up and the car started to loose power altogether,gradually climbing down the revs no matter what gear or how much i pushed the accelerator. I then put it in neutral and it died altogether. I was quite lucky i managed to coast into a lay by.

The car then had the service light on and wouldn't start.

I got out,had a look around the engine but everything seemed visually fine i.e ignition leads hadn't popped out,oil level etc.

I got back in the car,put the key in the ignition and it started fine with no service light and it would idle..i then took the key out and started it again,this time the car would turn over and just about start! but then it would die. I then took the key out and started the car again and it was fine? no service light or bad idling.

Any ideas cliosport? I will be getting it plugged into a diagnostics next week anyway but its pickling my head.

FF Clio 182 Silver
Its happened quite alot recently. Ive changed my coilpack and it wasnt that, and now im goig to change the pre cat sensor

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Sounds like a possible immob problem. Turns over but dies before it catches that spark? As suggested aswell possible coil pack.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Ive driven the car a good 60/70miles since this and its been fine? diagnostics check next week anyway i hope

Arctic Blue FF 182
If it was one of them sensors would the problem not be there all the time?
Not necessarily sensors can slowly play up

Sounds like a possible immob problem. Turns over but dies before it catches that spark? As suggested aswell possible coil pack.

Not an immobiliser problem if it's loosing power while driving and by the sounds of it, it is starting, just die's soon after.

See what diagnostic comes up with if anything. I had poor running when my pre-cat Lambda went, but not quite the same symptoms as you

Ly Megane 230 F1
thanks for the help mate. Even if the car is running fine now with no lights on the dash will it still show sensors that aren't working correctly?

FF Clio 182 Silver
Nope! I had te heartbeat light on my dash when i went and got a diagnostics check done stopped and started the car and the fault was gone! Im changig my sensor tommorrow nite sowill report bk!

Arctic Blue FF 182
Depends what faults have occurred. Some are stored in memory, generally engine related faults like a registered missfire.

FF Clio 182 Silver
I justchanged my pre cat sensor over and drove 3 miles revved the car a bit and it cut out. Back to the drawing board

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Are ALL faults not logged? i was informed by renault tht every single plug i unplugged would be logged and every fault would be logged?

Car going ok now Chris?