ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car locks but indicators dont flash but they func

Clio 182
I changed the interior bulbs to led and in the process on starting the car the boot light shorted and I had a little bit of a fire. It obviously damaged the cables, connector and just for good measure the rear screen washer tube.
I have now repaired both but the boot light now stays on all the time and the car locks but the indicators dont flash yet they still function normally with regards to hazard and turning. I have replaced the wiring like for like but I just cant work out whats wrong. Please help me lol

Clio 182
I changed the interior bulbs to led and in the process on starting the car the boot light shorted and I had a little bit of a fire. It obviously damaged the cables, connector and just for good measure the rear screen washer tube.
I have now repaired both but the boot light now stays on all the time and the car locks but the indicators dont flash yet they still function normally with regards to hazard and turning. I have replaced the wiring like for like but I just cant work out whats wrong. Please help me lol
I put the standard bulb back in once I'd replaced the wiring and fitted a new light.

172 Ph1
The boot lamp staying on now , probably because the switch is supposed to open and close the Earth circuit . Seems that the fire [emoji91] may have shorted the loom together and the switched earth wire is a constant earth now hence the lamp stays on . Check the loom out