ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car lowered now extreme rattle / knocking

Cliosport 172
Morning peeps, was hoping to never have to post in this section but here we go,

Had my car lowered at a garage yesterday, 40mm down on Apex springs. However I have also aquired a rattle / knoking noise coming from what sounds like the exhaust. First suspisions were have they caught the exhaust when bring car back down from ramps, it sounds like when the back box and top of the pipe is touching the back bumper but ive checked and its not. Its a scorpion backbox and sounds like might be somthing loose in there but sometimes it seems to be sounding like its underneath the car like under the drivers seat. What has totally thrown me though is that it sounds worse when ive got the wheels full lock (turning into junctions etc), Could this be the springs making the noise? Maybe somthing not tightend up properly? Totally confused any help much appricaited.

Thanks

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Will probably be knackered exhaust mounts (standard ones are crap), now the rear is lower there is less space for the exhaust to "move around". Just change both the rear and the middle ones and that will sort it.

Cliosport 172
Yeh that could be it mate, had a look underneath last night and the rear one looks a bit worse for wear so thats not a bad shout. Cant get my head round why its worse when turning though? Thanks for your advice mate appricaite it

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Mabye cos the chassis under a little strain am nt sure :/ mine does exactly the same tbh but the bend that goes ova the rear beam is touching aswell! New mounts 4 me a reckon