ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting - Electrical?

Hi All, I was driving home tonight when the ESP, ABS and SERV lights came on and the radio sound cut out. The radio station was still shown on the dash so I don't think it was powered off completely. I pressed the brake down and noticed the STOP and battery lights come on. As I was only quarter mile from home I decided to get it back home then take a look.

As soon as I turned it off the radio sound came back on. It won't now start, turning the key gives a very rapid clicking sound and the speedo needle vibrates for about a second. Battery is fine and I had new pads and disc fitted last month on the front. I noticed what was a burning smell a few weeks back but thought that was just the new pads but not so sure now.

Does any of the above make sense? Any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew

I have just been out and she is now starting no problem. Only change would be the temperature coming down. How do I check all the earths?