ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car not starting , with stop light, oil pressure light on and immobiliser light solid

clio 172
hi there, I have a clio 172.
my car was running with the symptoms of a lambda sensor ( lumpy idle from exhaust , fuel gauge going up and down , when accelerating nothing and then a sudden burst of power ) but i thought it was one of my injectors so i changed that , started up my car and went for a short run out and loads of lights came up on my dash so i returned back home. turned my engine off and disconnected my battery to try to clear the fault. when i reconnected the battery and tried starting it my stop light , oil pressure light and my immobiliser light came on and wont fire up now. I've tried changing my lambda sensor with no luck still wont start.
does anyone have any ideas? I would be most grateful cheers

Bmw 330d green 182
Re: car not starting , with stop light, oil pressure light on and immobiliser light s

Sounds like a ecu and uch kit mate had a mate with same symptoms and changed them fixed!

clio 172
Re: car not starting , with stop light, oil pressure light on and immobiliser light s

cheers mate , think i might have to get it towed to a garage then. sounds expensive lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Disconnecting the battery does not clear the fault codes. What've you've done here is created a bad connection so remove the battery terminals, clean them up and re-attach them correctly.

Mick

clio 172

cheers for the advice mick :) i had greenflag out and it turns out that it was my alternator but ive cleaned up my terminals just in case.