ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting

Clio
My mate went today to the petrol station and got some petrol in his car and went to start his car and not a kick in it!! what could be wrong? it was petrol put into the car! something to do with the starter?

could be the battery, mine did that, or, on the starter you will have 2 wires, 1 fat one from the battery, and one small white one, the white one can sometimes fall off.

Skoda Fabia vRS
if its not turning over it will be the starter motor, try hitting it with something, mine used to stick

doesnt have an immobiliser does he ?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
mine used to do this and it was the tdc sensor i kept turning the ignition on and off about 10 times then try turning it over it should go

Clio 1.2
Its mine..it hasnt even turned over since..didnt strt with a push and electrics dont go on! Headlights works but! Anyone got any ideas cheers?

Clio 1.2
No mate had jump leads on nd still nothing! Headlight and indicators working! lights on dash dont come on when switch on! cheers!

Clio 1.2
Checked all them and they're all ok! and all connections to starting motor nd battery are tite! Ignition barrell feels different to turn but!

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
I changed out a radiator and desconnected the negative. When I put it back the car would not start. Had 12.46 volts at the battery. Turned the key and the warning lights went dull like a short. Following that the warning lights flashed.

Problem was the battery -

Put your lights in full and turn in the wipers - voltage at battery 3 volts and very slow wiper movement was what I had when I did the check.

Strangest thing is that the battery was perfect and then dead - never known anything like it before.

Weird...