ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting

Renault Clio 2001 1.2 16v
i tried getting into my car this morning and noticed the remote central locking wasn't working so i opened the doors with the keys and then tried turning car on it wouldn't start and turned ignition on and the dashboard lights seem to be struggling to come on.

has anyone else had this problem?

im thinking that its the battery but i put a new battery on a few weeks ago

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Alternator may not be charging new battery very well, but this cold can affect batterys quite badly, especially if you havent started it for a while.

My local motor factors does a free battery and alternator test in the winter, maybe yours does too, worth checking.

Renault Clio 2001 1.2 16v
yeh thats the thing it jump starts.. probably will get the battery and alternator checked out, i was actually thinking the weather might of caused this too, thanks

ph1 172
sounds like a dud alternator, espiecially if u got a new battery.
a new battery will have a 1 or 2 year guarentee(possibly a dodgy battery) .

recently fitted a new battery to my own 172 and only start it at weekends...
basically a new battery should hold a good charge and give a good kick to the starter motor even after a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator: