ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car randomly unlocks

RS mk2 172
After parking my car and locking it it is sometimes unlocked upon my return.
I thought maybe that with the keys being in my pocket I could have been actuating the key but Ive noticed that it still does it even when they aint in my pocket.
Anyone experienced this?

A shiny black one.
No, even if you accidently hit the unlock it should re-lock after 30 seconds if you dont open the doors or boot.

Don't want this to sound stupid but have you checked that the doors are actually locking, My front door locks stopped working once but I still heard the noise of the boot locking and thought that they still worked.

Last edited:
  Integra Type-R DC2
Ive been finding this, though im starting to think I might just be forgetting to lock the car.

RS mk2 172
TBH its usually when I go to it first thing in the morning or after being at work all day and not usually after leaving it for a short time. Its done it from new.

It's A Reno
My driver's side door occasionally doesn't lock, but all the others do.
AFAIK, there isn't a cure, it's just being difficult.
Once they're locked, they shouldn't spontaneously unlock again.

I now lock it when I'm standing next to the car and I can tell by the sound if it's fully locked up or not, and I usually check all the locks too just in case.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Ive been finding this, though im starting to think I might just be forgetting to lock the car.

100% the same here.. Originally I could swear my car was unlocking itself.. but now i'm starting to think that i'm forgetting to lock it.. but surely I can't forget to lock my pride and joy that easily and frequently.. but also its can't be unlocking itself...