ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car shampoo

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Whats the difference between megs Gold glass and megs NXT car washes, i've always used gold glass but i've bought some nxt to try.

Black/Gold 182!
I use megs gold, used to use AG before I got into detailing. You can certainly tell the difference.

106 GTi
The Gold Class is a more gentle wash, the NXT has more cleaning ability but compromises the wax/sealants durabilty due to it being strong. The Gold Class Leaves a nicer finish and feel to the paint.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
The Gold Class is a more gentle wash, the NXT has more cleaning ability but compromises the wax/sealants durabilty due to it being strong. The Gold Class Leaves a nicer finish and feel to the paint.

Cheers Rich, will give the NXT to my old man next time he's over my house and i will carry on with the Gold:approve:

Golf R32
One of the things I found about using the NXT shampoo was that it made buffing off the polish a hell of a lot harder. I'd used the same polish when I previously used the gold class shampoo but when I used it all up & tried the NXT it took a bit more effort to get the polish off again.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
i used zymol wash and found it quite weak, smelt nice though
so now im mixing turtle wax with it

need to try gold class though

Mito Sportiva 135
I use Chemical Guys Extreme Wash N Wax and consider it the best shampoo I have used to date. It is PH neutral and therefore very gentle on wax and sealants, and leaves a really nice glossy finish on all colour cars. Worth making an order (Car Wash N Wax sell it amongst others) - a lot lazier than going to smelly Halfords...:cool:

Less
Well i use the Gold class stuff and well happy with it to some extent. It aint very good cleaning the front what with all the flies etc, but the rest of the bodywork looks really good!

Clio 182 cup
Another vote for the Duragloss shampoo here, I've been using it for the past few months and it is superb. Used the AG shampoo before this and whilst being a good shampoo, the duragloss is far superior. Leaves a lovely gloss finish.

Nearing the end of the bottle now, wondering if I should try another brand see if I can improve even further on the high standard set by the Duragloss. Any recommendations??

Cheers

106 GTi
In Bulk on the daily drive I use Megs Shampoo Plus as it is so cheap compared to the consumer stuff - £15 quid for 3 litres.

The 182 gets Swissvax or Zymol Washes depending on the wax - Duragloss if it gets really mucky.

Clio 182 cup
How do the Zymol and Swissvax compare to the Duragloss Rich?? I went with the Duragloss based on your recommendations and so I'm keen to hear if these 2 are even better?

106 GTi
The Duragloss has more cleaning power and better suds (not that it matters) and is a great price.

The Zymol and Swissvax are meant to work with the relevant waxes, so have been using them to hopefully get the maximum durability out what the car is wearing.They both leave a good finish, but produce little suds. As shampoos go I prefer the Duragloss over them both.