ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Shampoos?

RS Clio 200
I've just got through 2 bottles of Muc-Off Ubershine (great product) and fancy trying something new.. anyone reccomend any other decent products? Cheers Guys..

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Kleers - The Car Shampoo, thats my weapon on choice, and it's cherry flavour :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Dodojuice born to be mild
Gtechniq gwash
Megs hyper wash
Autofinesse lather
BriteMax Cleanmax

There are lots but he above are all wax safe non gloss enhancing

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst banana gloss is a very nice shampoo, as the name suggests it has gloss enhances which can have an adverse effect on the wax that's been applied.

I'd go for lather

^ from the AB website: Banana Gloss Shampoo actively helps to maintain protective wax layers on your car. A luxurious foaming action also greatly increases the lubricity of the wash solution, which minimises the risk of inflicting fine scratches during the washing process, while the gentle nature of the formula means that it will not degrade existing wax protection. Suitable to use on even delicate clearcote surfaces.

I agree the name may be misleading but according to autobrite it's quite a gentle shampoo. I may be wrong and it may contain gloss enhances but I've never noticed it affect my lsps water behaviour or durability :)

Last edited:
  182 Cup
Sorry to hijack, but I take it the Autoglym shampoo contains gloss enhancers? So not good to use over their HD wax?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sorry to hijack but I take it the Autoglym shampoo contains gloss enhancers? So not good to use over their HD wax?

I do t think so but never used it myself

Anyone recommend a shampoo that produces a lot of bubbles?

None typically from those mentioned aas they are typically highly lubricated to allow your wash mit to glide over the panel, then being less sudsy it is easier to rinse. If you want lots of bubbles stick your hose on spray or use your pressure washer to liven it up

None typically from those mentioned aas they are typically highly lubricated to allow your wash mit to glide over the panel, then being less sudsy it is easier to rinse. If you want lots of bubbles stick your hose on spray or use your pressure washer to liven it up

I don't have access to a hose or pressure washer and presumed that more bubbles provided better lubrication. Cheers for the info.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeah more bubbles does always mean slick feeling, plus more bubbles left when finished washing if any parts start to dry make it more diffficult to rinse.

Born to be mild is a huge favourite

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I've had good results from chemical guys citrus wash are you saying this isn't advisable to use over wax?

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
meguiars-soft-wash-gel.jpg
Smells great too :)

I've always wanted to try btbm but the price put me off for a 250ml bottle.

Roughly how much in ml do you think you use?