ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car sound install

Hey guys and gals, i have a question for ya. Has any one completed a custom sound install into a clio mk2 by themselves, or does anyone know of any tutorials that may be of help to me? As i have started with my install, but those frenchies really know how to complicate the s**t out of fittings and are making my work alot harder!!! :/

Thanks a mil:D

Clio MK2 (1.2)
to make the frame is abit hard, because if you remove the spare wheel you have a metal point sticking up, so in mine i drilled a hole in some food and sliped the metal point up it, so then i could carry on with the structure of the frame,

not easy but play around :) you will soon get it

Wow nice to know theres still some w*****s out there. Guess was a bit stupid to ask for help from an idiot who who struggles to open his can of beans in the morning and a t**t that thinks he's too cool to help a fellow CS member out.

:butt:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
a custom install is custom so nobody can really help you because it is your own idea! dont get arsey about things if you asked a proper question like eg. how do i mount the amplifier or something like that im sure we can help you out!

Yeah well a custom install also means an install not adhering to factory specifications, therefor an installation of sound done by the owner of the car, not the dealer, so if someone were to ask for help on a custom install, he'd usually be asking a question relating to: mounting new speakers, changing wiring, removing the entire dash etc, Seeing as these topics all relate to custom install's. Hence i asked for help with such things as manuals or tutorials, not "does anyone have any ideas for my new personal sound install"! So maybe i wouldnt get "arsey" if some people wouldnt be rude.

Case closed

vaux cavalier
Hey guys and gals, i have a question for ya. Has any one completed a custom sound install into a clio mk2 by themselves, or does anyone know of any tutorials that may be of help to me? As i have started with my install, but those frenchies really know how to complicate the s**t out of fittings and are making my work alot harder!!! :/

Thanks a mil:D

Hey guys and gals, i have a question for ya. Has any one completed a custom sound install into a clio mk2 by themselves
Yes mate, quite a few have......

does anyone know of any tutorials that may be of help to me?
Yes mate, I know of a few......

As i have started with my install
Congratulations......

those frenchies really know how to complicate the s**t out of fittings and are making my work alot harder!!!
They certainly do......

You come across as a bright person, a little opinionated but bright, if you check the quick links at the top you will find a 'search' function, simply use this, all your questions have been dealt with many times......

failing that.....f**k off....

Yeah i tried that, spent about 1 hour reading forums on how people want to now what other people think of there new set up and how they would change it, FKN GREAT!

Failed at birth ?...f**k off..

PS, thanks for the comp's

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
have a look on www.talkaudio.co.uk not too many clios (but there are some) on there but a load of people building custom installs! have a look through at peoples progress threads and see if some of what they're doing relates to what u want or need to do!

Renshaw

vaux cavalier
Yeah i tried that, spent about 1 hour reading forums on how people want to now what other people think of there new set up and how they would change it, FKN GREAT!

thanks for that, brightened my evening no end;):rofl:

OK, now we've established we both have a sense of humour lets talk audio....(pun intended).....

which trim panels you struggling with??
what effect you after, (sq, sql,spl)??
what items need going in the boot, (subs, amps, crossovers, processors, line drivers, batteries, fused distribution, non fused distribution etc etc)???
will system be played with boot open??

check out the link for help with wiring etc etc.... BASIC CAR AUDIO ELECTRONICS

thanks for that, brightened my evening no end;):rofl:

OK, now we've established we both have a sense of humour lets talk audio....(pun intended).....

which trim panels you struggling with??
what effect you after, (sq, sql,spl)??
what items need going in the boot, (subs, amps, crossovers, processors, line drivers, batteries, fused distribution, non fused distribution etc etc)???
will system be played with boot open??

check out the link for help with wiring etc etc.... BASIC CAR AUDIO ELECTRONICS

HAHAHAHA LOOOL, cheers mate.

Havin problems with the grommit in the door panel, where the interior wires are lead out into the door, dont know how to take that gromit out to fit new wiring. (understand what im on about? ) Another thin is running the power cable from the amp to the battery, were can i find the hole through the fire wall into the bonnet, or do i have to drill a new one?

Thanks for the interest:rasp:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
if you had done a search you would have found how to put the power cable through the bulkhead into the engine bay.
if you was a club member then you would have seen the 2 guides to put the speaker wire into the doors!:rasp:
if you were to ask nicely and not get angry at every one then maybe people will help you such as wallop, treat people with respect then they will do the same to you

if you had done a search you would have found how to put the power cable through the bulkhead into the engine bay.
if you was a club member then you would have seen the 2 guides to put the speaker wire into the doors!:rasp:
if you were to ask nicely and not get angry at every one then maybe people will help you such as wallop, treat people with respect then they will do the same to you

Look man the grown ups are talking now so please stop giving me uphill, if my question was that unclear and someone really wanted to help then they would have asked me to elabrate, not take the micky out of me. Dont dish out what you cant dish up. Sorry for th club member thing, i meant a member in the sense that im apart of the "cliosport" network, once again you've been a big help, cheers to ya:rasp:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
well ok if you ask clear questions then we will more than happily answer you!
power cable through the bulk head question probally the most asked question in this section of the forum?

You can find it by laying on your back in the passenger foor well and looking up to the corner of the car and youll see it its just 1 cable going through a grommit. follow the cable which comes from the bonnet release lever and this will lead you to it!

the best way to do it is:
pull the power steering fluid resivoir out and move to one side
get some thing sharp and small to make a hole in the grommet from the inside into the engine bay
then poke a screw driver through the car to the engine bay.
then tape the power cable to the screwdriver and pull it back through into the car.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Speaker wire to the doors
DSC00269.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

pull this multi plug thing apart and then wire the wires straight through it into behind the doors. there is a 2 guides for members

As for the tutorials you asked for they can be found in the guides section if you pay the money to become a member there are many useful guides.

its not hard if you just think logically about where the wires need to go!

Ok now for something a bit more techincal. Im looking to setup my JBL GTO component system (70 watts RMS 2ohm impedance) and my 10" 800 watt Kicker sub to my amp, which is a JBL GTO 75.4 . The question is wether this setup will run fine without damaging my sub, cause its only a small fella compared to the amp itll be running on? Also, would it be possible to connect another split system onto that amp by bridging the channels, or is it safer to just run the second pair of splits off the radio?

cheers

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
So are you running the components and the sub off the one 4 channel amp then? it would help if you could tell us the RMS figure for the sub too, as that is what really counts, and I'm pretty sure 800 watts will be the max figure. If this is correct, you will be running 2 channels for the front, and 2 bridged for the sub, so no spare channels, therefore any other speakers would need a new amp or be run off the headunit

vaux cavalier
The GTO75.4 amp isn't really suitable for Tri-mode running....(thats true Tri-mode, 1 set of stereo full range speakers and a sub bridged off the same two channels).....

With regards your components and sub choice;

I reckon your components will tend to drown out your sub, (easily sorted by simply running the components with lower 'gain').....

On music your amp will never get near its full output anyway, so with regards overpowering your sub, I wouldn't worry.....

If your going to be playing 0dB test tones for extended periods then you may start to get your sub a little warm, but assuming your amp is correctly setup you should have no problems......

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Wow nice to know theres still some w**kers out there. Guess was a bit stupid to ask for help from an idiot who who struggles to open his can of beans in the morning and a tw*t that thinks he's too cool to help a fellow CS member out.

Hiya mate, Fitted a fair few systems in a mk 2, From simple Componants, To a back seats out 3000wrms 4 12" sub woofer and 6 TV Screen Show car Mk 2.

LEt me know if I can help dude :)

Wow nice to know theres still some w**kers out there. Guess was a bit stupid to ask for help from an idiot who who struggles to open his can of beans in the morning and a tw*t that thinks he's too cool to help a fellow CS member out.

Hiya mate, Fitted a fair few systems in a mk 2, From simple Componants, To a back seats out 3000wrms 4 12" sub woofer and 6 TV Screen Show car Mk 2.

LEt me know if I can help dude :)

awesome mate, much appreciated. Maybe you could help with this head unit im looking at, you know if its any good? Link is in my previous post.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Seems a decent head unit to me, Although Now I've grown up, I Appreciate Nakamichi's a hell of alot!

But it seems an awesome start to your system

vaux cavalier
Seems a decent head unit to me, Although Now I've grown up, I Appreciate Nakamichi's a hell of alot!

But it seems an awesome start to your system

I'd opt for Nakamichi if their reliability was a little better....In the end I went for Becker....

Renault Clio 1.2 Sport
hi

ive just got a clio 1.2 16v sport 2001 model (dynamique). neway iv heard there are six speakers in it and i was thinkin of changing them, beacuse will be getin a new kenwood stereo. just wanted to know if this will make the sound qaulity any better,louder etc. and if so how to do it?

thanks