ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car specific private plates on Clios

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of getting a T**PHY plate for the car.

In short, do they look good or crap? (Not specifically just the Trophy variant but such plates on Clios in general).

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i dont see the point personally unless it is a really good one, SL55 AMG ect on the car would look good, c999rsa on a chavved up corsa doesnt however :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like T**PHY plates.

But like Addz, I don't see the point if its like T732PHY as thats just crap. Theres one on here (iirc) thats T90PHY and that looks good.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I like the t**phy plates on a trophy.

I'd not have a 182 plate or simliar though

320d
I'd like CL10 CUP if I was getting a brand new 200 Cup in March. Chances are it will go on a Fiesta Econetic or something. If Renault haven't already secured it for there press cars or something.

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
i dont see the point personally unless it is a really good one, SL55 AMG ect on the car would look good, c999rsa on a chavved up corsa doesnt however :)

Ive seen that plate on a SL55 AMG around aldgate in london :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I like the ones that are blatantly obvious, like m3 bmw or a172 cup.

yeah thats kinda what i meant but forgot the word :rasp:

theres one near me, T2PHY i think, looks alright but wont make the car worth any more and doesnt really mean alot to anyone else other than the few people who know what the car is

500 Twinair
I think private plates is down to the owner, i ave a private plate and everyone else thinks it cr*p but i like it, and the end of the day its your car, your money.

PS 200
Nice try but they didnt hold back numberplates with 197 in them which is what i was getting at.
:eek:

Guess it would have to be a search on one of the auction sites for someone who's got the gumption to put up a 197 plate - but outside of the Clio fraternity 197 wont really mean much to anyone.

Could be a business opportunity finding old $hitters with 197 plates and flogging them on here ;)

Then again

http://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/?cont=search_results_overview_manual&search_key=197

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I had L70 CUP on my 172 Cup and wanted RS56 MEG for my 225.

T summat PHY does interest me too, can't go wrong for £244

Thinking of getting a T**PHY plate for the car.

In short, do they look good or crap? (Not specifically just the Trophy variant but such plates on Clios in general).

They look crap mate unless is T20PHY and even then I don't see the point but then you know this already...........

;)