ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car taking a fit? hehe

Modified Clio 1.2
Hi,

I have a 2002 Clio 1.2 Authentique. I bought the car a few months ago, and has still only done 35k-36k. I have had no problems with the car atall (apart from needing a new tire last week), although... around 3 weeks ago, I was travelling and the car began to speed up and revs increase by itself, as if the accelerator was stuck and the car was flooring it. This happened two or three times during that week, but after the engine was turned off and on again it ran perfectly. A few days later, I started the car, only to find it start revving itself between 15k - 20k. The accelerator did not work atall, and the only way to move it was to clutch control it. When it is put into gear, the revs start to increase, and it as if the car is accelerating for you and all you do is change gear and brake.

I took the car to a garage that week, who said they had tightended things up (this problem has only started since I installed an amp and 2 subs), and the car ran flawlessly. Untill yesterday. I jumped in the car and switched on the engine, and it started to, what seems like have a fit. again. I have been told possible reasons why a car would do this, such as throttle bodies needing cleaned, timing belt needs fixed, blah blah but none of these seem a reasonable cause for the car to do this. The engine management light also comes on when this happens.

I have a video to explain what I mean:

th_cliorev.jpg
[/URL"]http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/hedkandi88/?action=view&current=cliorev.flv

If anyone has any ideas what is causing this or how to stop it, I would be extremely grateful as this is really doing my head in now. I have found that if it starts playing up like this while im driving, I stop and turn off the engine and leave it for 15 minutes and then it works again. The car shows no signs of overheating or anything either. All help appreciated :)