ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Theft!

nope, my car was broken into but not kicked and anyway its just an alarm that is wired into the existing reno one to bring it up to cat1.

Cliopower,

If it bolts onto the current reno alarm. what extra does it do? how much did it cost you and do you end up with another keyfob

Cheers mate

it replaces the old one (mine didnt come with one) and wires into the immobiliser to bring it up to cat1. Never had a problem with it and yes, it uses all your existing stuff including the keyfob. The only annoying thing with it is that when the engines off and you want to lock the doors from the inside, you carnt without arming the alarm using the c/l button. I dont know if it does that on your existing reno one anyway - something you might want to try. Cost my £155 from an ex Renault auto electrician.

As you probably know, the reno alarm is tempremental and the toad alarm is more practical. Comes with a lifetime guarantee too but others like the clifford which is more expensive but you can add extras on apparently (not sure what) amd there is also a lazerline with deadlocks but they are over 300 quid from Eurocar.

i have a toad (cat 1) and it replaced my standard alarm so my original reno key fob is no longer used but i can still use my C/L button in the car

the toad can have xtra features added as i have added total closure (closes windows and sunroof) dual zone sensor (detects when a person is near the car and warns them away)

plus all the standars features as auto lock antihijack etc

i have had the allarm for a year now and i havent had any problems at all !