ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car up in flames

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

My New Clio 172, went up in flames :cry:

Only just 4 months old......

Pictures to follow, as do a million calls to the insurance company and Renault UK

Just finally got the breaks sorted this week.........:devilish:

:cry:

OH MY GOD

Blimey lass, well at least you are all ok, if theres anything I can do for ya, you only need to shout.

320d M Sport

why am i not surprised? suppose it was only a matter of time before the build quality REALLY fecks up.... fools.:(

so will it be a new 182 for you then hippy? being serious though i have been in a car when it went up only hours after being picked up from dealers, very scary stuff so glad your ok

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 07 November 2003

My New Clio 172, went up in flames :cry:

Only just 4 months old......

Pictures to follow, as do a million calls to the insurance company and Renault UK

Just finally got the breaks sorted this week.........:devilish:

:cry:
I take it thats who you are onto now then. ;)

Jesus thats terrible mate. As long as everyone is okay, the car can be replaced.

I really think you should join me for that beer tomorrow night to drown your sorrows.:D

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

sorry to hear your news. But as said before as long as you/passengers are OK!! the car can be replaced.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Cheers everyone....

Thankfully everyones fine, me and the kids were standing well back from our very own Bonfire

Just popped out to fill up with petrol (money, well wasted) and pick up a few bits.

Parked up outside of a Staples in Northampton. thankfully the car park was fairly empty, bloke comes in and shouts, whos is the clio in the car park as its on fire. :eek:

We were right in the middle of the store and could see the car, from where we were standing !!! And YES it was mine :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I tanked down to the front door, grabbed a fire extinguisher and did my best Never much fancied myself as a fireman ;) When flames started lapping out of the bonnet and the extinguisher ran out, I thought hmmmm.... time for the professionals.

Fireman were Really ACE funny guys, a few good looking ones too :oops: oh and they put the fire out too.......

As to what started it ??? Who knows, fire was at the top of the engine on the drivers side. My guess an electrical fault

What more can you say about a car that was delivered on Friday the 13th, after its master cylinder had broke before delivery.........

As for Renault.... Ill keep you posted, I feel a phone call to Mr Barry Williams first thing Monday morning in order.:cry:

did anyone see the article on watchdog a month or two ago about the starter motors which were jamming causing the cars to go up in smoke?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 07 November 2003

did anyone see the article on watchdog a month or two ago about the starter motors which were jamming causing the cars to go up in smoke?
I saw that, it was on early diesel 307.

007, we were just outside your town years and years ago when my old boys brand spanking new sierra estate ie picked up from ford dealers in glasgow that same day started flaming under the bonnet, luckily a pig land rover was behind us and helped us get out the car and empty it before the whole thing went up

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 07 November 2003

Pity we dont have a pic of you and the fire extinguisher:D

Atleast your OK
There maybe one :oops: I know the security guards have it on CCTV, not a video I wanna see

Cheers Jill

E36 323i coupe

Well, Ive been trying to think of something to say throughout reading all of this, but I dont know what to say. Am gobsmacked, and a little scared.

Well the most important thing is that you are ok. Renault should replace the car - no questions asked. But well see, huh?

Good luck and let us all know.

J x

F**K! Thats about all I can say......

Glad you are ok, and no-one got hurt.

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Tom

B

Bennyboy

I heard that optimax was a performce enhancer but that just takes the piss..glad nobody was hurt..

shitting aider michelle,

glad to hear you and the kids are ok

will be interested to hear how the insurance company views this, after the fun ive had

as usual, you ever need a pick-me-up im on msn in the early hours

hope things get better from here on in

f*cking hell!!! thats terrible news honey, just glad that you n the kids are ll safe gutting about the car but that can be replaced, you and the family cant :cry: hopefully renault will put their hands up and replace it rather than you having to claim on your insurance

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Cheers again All :)

Just got up as Im babysitting Telford Mikes car thought Id check it was ok, (flood lights on and walk around the drive way).............

I thought I could smell burning....Its the stuff out of the 172, I can even smell it in my hair :sick: even though Ive showered............

Hmmm drive way looked better with two spanking 172s on it earlier today, I didnt even get a picture :( as I took the car out to be washed, so I could take one..........

Gutted

"So I tanked down to the front door, grabbed a fire extinguisher and did my best"

Having just filled the car with petrol your braver than I am!...Id have stood WELL back!!.....hope you can get a nice spanking new replacement...hmmmm may as well hold out for the 182 now!....every cloud....